January 5, 2011 § Leave a comment
Wow. Where did all the time go?
New Year’s Eve is usually a pretty casual affair in my household. We all chill out in our pajamas watching TV or reading a book. A minute before the countdown begins, we crowd around the television screen and once the New Year is rung in, we hug each other and then march upstairs to do our own things again. New Year’s is our calm, no-frills holiday.
It wasn’t like that ten years ago. Ten years ago, we spent NYE at Magic Kingdom. There is a framed picture downstairs of little six-year-old me in my adorable little red coat and my little patent shoes perched on my daddy’s knee with my sister and mom right next to us. This year, we decided to relive that memory.
Last week, I was living it up in Orlando, Florida. We visited Harry Potter World (omg, best place ever) and Epcot, did a lot of shopping and relaxing. But all that to come later.
Anyways, a new year brings new resolutions. Here are mine (and a few ways to keep them going):
- To get fit. And to keep fit. There’s six months left till bikini season! I’m aiming to tone up my arms and tummy. I plan to jog three times a week, do a workout video three other times a week (Jillian Michaels’s 30 Day Shred is my favorite… soreness-inducing!) and on the last day, either take a rest and just speed-walk around the neighborhood or do a yoga video.
- To learn how to cook. I am soon to become an independent and that thought scares the bejeezus out of me because… I can’t cook! I can’t even boil water or make an egg. I’m planning to ask my mom to teach me one basic lesson a week and know all the easy stuff before college– scrambled eggs, spaghetti, etc.
- To finish high school off strong– no senioritis for me! And also, to start college off strong.
- To shop less and budget more. I’m going to keep a budget journal of everything I buy, which will hopefully keep this shopaholic in check!
- And finally, to become a better blogger. Hopefully, 2011 will be a really great year for Like A Butterfly. Very soon, I will be revamping the look of this blog, expanding it, posting more consistently, work on my voice, and ease it towards a more college lifestyle blog. Any ideas?
Check in tomorrow for the first of my Orlando adventures!